"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." Winnie the Pooh

Monday, March 18, 2013

Jars and Blooms


I am so relieved that March is here! A couple years ago I started a habit of buying myself flowers on Fridays.
Occasionally I get lucky and the flowers  last a couple weeks, but on those Fridays that I don't have flowers in my room, I go browse, smell, and envision the blooms in one of my favorite vases until a certain bouquet feels just right. I also quickly learned that February means flowers that cost at least twice as much. That's when I pull out the fake ones and spritz them with air freshener or perfume. But as soon as March arrives, I'm back in the floral department. These are my first flowers of spring. The window box that they occupy will soon become my herb garden but until the seeds start getting leafy, it seemed like a cheery way to fill it. This is the view that makes waking up in the morning, not so bad at all. :)

1 comment: