"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." Winnie the Pooh

Saturday, April 6, 2013

A bunch of Little Things

This last week flew by in a blur. I sometimes feel like I work for some secret intelligence agency because it is one of these things where "what I do at work, stays at work." I would be dancing with HIPPA to try and share my day from 8-5. I may not be able to post the cute things the kid said, or the amazing case I learned from, or my excitement in a correct nursing diagnosis. However, my experience with those things, or how it made me feel, or what I learned from my day, that is mine and that's what I want to take home with me anyways. In a vague way, this was my week. I felt that I helped lighten the burden of an overwhelmed mother just slightly, I felt that those calls I would have held my breath during a couple months ago were just detective cases that we worked through, and the occasional conversation that left a bitter taste in my mouth was just a brief moment. I found times to tell parents they were doing a great job, moments to reiterate their concern and present a potential solution, and times where a touch on the shoulder made a big difference. On Thursday I opened a dove chocolate as a reward for an especially difficult conversation and found this perfect quote, "You are exactly where you are supposed to be." I realize you shouldn't read into a quote on your tea bag or chocolate wrapper any more than a fortune cookies predictions, but timely words are still appreciated. Other little things in my week that made it all worth it were the following:

* I took my bike out for it's first ride, 7 miles of "I love my bike, I love my bike!"
* I paid off my third loan and received the Sallie Mae email "It's been nice working with you." I couldn't agree more.
* I wandered through Fred Meyer's with my dad looking at pots for my herb garden and found the perfect one. I now love staring at the top of my dresser, and it even smells good :)
* My dog still greets me at the door with a wink and then sticks out her tongue. I love her. I also love taking her for walks with the leash I bought in Rhode Island. She is the best furry roommate.
* I felt like an adult and figured out how to file my taxes. Happy Dance!
* I had just the slightest sunburn from a gorgeous weekend. 

It was...a week full of little pleasures. Here's to a refreshing weekend before the next one!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. haha...I love the timing of this blog. This same weekend I was told by a friend as I was sharing my heart and frustrations of where I am at..."You are exactly where you are supposed to be." :) God really is so good!

    ReplyDelete