"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." Winnie the Pooh

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Rain boots and Car Washes

I am so blessed to have a nice little weekend on Tuesdays right after my work week starts. It's the perfect day to sleep in (or not as the case usually is), sip on a mug of tea, ride my bike, and as today went - dance in the rain! Our society is built on milestones of reaching adult hood. You go to college, get married, have kids, buy a house..and that's what it means to be a grown up. However, there are some pretty exciting moments that get overlooked if that's what defines a person's identity and life course. For example, today I'm pretty excited about the tax return I got back as a result of filing all on my own! Feeling pretty spiffy :) I'm also enjoying the process of keeping up the maintenance of a car. Today is new tire day, man I love the smell of mass amounts of rubber, and also car wash day. I have always been guilty of driving through the car wash and getting on with my life, but why? Turns out washing a car with a bucket and suds is extra fun in a pair of rainboots. The sun was shining and it looked like I just might be done before that changed. Instead, just as I was getting ready to do the final rinse, it started pouring. I hardly had to use the hose and my favorite yellow rainboots kind of completed the experience for me. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if my sister was home to dance with me in the warm drops. :) Happy moment number three is my herb garden. It's really starting to smell like a good recipe waiting to happen. I love watering it because my whole room smells like a good Italian marinara. Mmm.

Altogether, I'd say that's a pretty great series of reasons to be happy it's Tuesday and I'm an adult.

1 comment: